AGRO ECONOMIST (July 2017)
A Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics with background in economics or related discipline.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent analytical and decision making specifically for Agro-economic data.
- Excellent writing and communication.
- Research skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to be a cooperative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on a results oriented basis.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions.
- At least 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in the program areas associated with this post, specifically on the economics of agriculture or commodities.
- Experience in advising or providing technical support to governments on agricultural policies.
- Knowledge of sugar cane or sugar beet crops.
- Excellent knowledge in English with any other international language (Spanish).
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the program areas associated on the economics of agriculture or commodities.